Monday, May 09, 2005

Standing Up for Milwaukee

From the Journal-Sentinel (Milwaukee paper):

"Mets ace Pedro Martinez, who called Milwaukee a "boring" city before making his first career start against the Brewers on Saturday night, redirected his ire at Miller Park fans after that game.

"I saw a lot of people here, a lot of people, even though some of them were really nasty out there," he said. "Two of them mentioned my mama. Milwaukee is really nice; I didn't expect that from Milwaukee.

"I felt that they were going to come and see me, and they did. But to mention my mama a couple of times, that wasn't very pretty. Too many beers around here, too many breweries.""

I apologize, Pedro, that two Brewers fans mentioned your mama. They probably were just wishing her a Happy Mother's Day. Pedro, do a favor for me: cut your freakin' hair.

3 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger Oneway the Herald said...

Let me suggest that "blasted" be reserved to describe a different state...

Anyway, I was both the fan that mentioned the Dude's mother and who also got a free beer before the game, but I side with Pedro on this one, because his hair is bad. And by bad, I mean I wish I could rock mine like him. Just cuz not everyone subscribes to the haircut you force on every guy that wants a haircut from you, bensheets, doesn't make them sub-human.

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't hate the soul-glo.
Pedro is a dork.
That's what Milwaukee gets for naming it's baseball team after people who make a poisonous, addictive, home-destroying product.

How many Cardinal birds have you seen ruin lives?

I've seen 3, but that's about it.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger AJ said...

I'm voting against the hair on this one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Christmas Gift Certficates