Sunday, April 03, 2005

Great Day To Be Alive

Hey country music fans: I remember there was a song by the name "Great Day To Be Alive" that I actually liked (one of only a couple country music songs that I've appreciated). Anybody know who the singer is? I can't remember...

Anyway, here's why it's a great day to be alive (for me):

1) It was 65 degrees and sunny all day.
2) Quest had a sweet service today, featuring a hip-hop artist from Chicago and a message about how Jesus loved to hang out with sinners (like me). Good times.
3) Illinois is playing in the national championship tomorrow.
4) God's been teaching me a lot about how I don't love people. The good part is that God's also been telling me that if I give Him control, He'll change my heart so that I can love people. I'm thankful for God's grace.
5) Baseball season starts tomorrow, with the Milwaukee Brewers hopeful for a year of .500 baseball.
6) Did I mention the Illini?
7) I've come to grips with the fact that I'm really not sure what I want to do with the rest of my life, and God's giving me peace to know that He will guide my steps if I continue to pursue Him with my whole heart.

4 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is Travis Tritt?

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt, even though I've listened to country music for my entire life, when I hear that song I think of a blonde middle child from the Chicago suburb of Elmhurst. I distinctly remember you riding in my truck listening to that song. I was so proud of you for realizing a great song, even if it wasn't your normal taste.

Also, did you make some kind of arrangement with House's dad to have a Gatorade ad featuring your little sister? Yesterday at the gym I was reading a magazine while I was on a bike and there was a soccer Gatorade ad with a girl who looked like your sister. She was covered in bubble wrap in the ad for some reason.

Teresa

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger matt said...

Rachel has done no such ad that I'm aware of. From what I know, she spends her time playing violin, softball, and getting ready for her senior prom. However, I'm proud that she resembles some Gatorade model (assuming the Gatorade model was modestly dressed).

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm, what? Senior prom? Isn't she supposed to be in 6th grade still? How do they grow up so fast Matt!?!?

The model was covered from head to toe in bubble wrap...the larger bubble type, not the tiny bubble kind. It was definitely modest. Maybe she could wear a similar get-up to the prom.

Teresa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Christmas Gift Certficates