Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Christmas No More at 1668

[Note: For the past 14 months, a Christmas tree has resided in the 2nd floor of my apartment. Last night, it was removed.]

I'm telling myself that I needed more room, that I wanted to get it out of the way so I could put my mini-couch there. I'm convincing myself that it isn't about a holiday, but about having more space. Still, I find emptiness inside, as if part of me has died.

What once was full of life and celebration now resides bunched up in a box, hidden above the 2nd floor in storage space. It only sees darkness now, and can only feel the cold drafts of the attic.

Someday, that Christmas tree will return to the light and feel the fresh air of life. Someday.

2 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude you are a schmo...it's a freakin tree..

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger philthy said...

well, if I know you, and i think that I do, i would say the christmas tree will be up again by august.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Christmas Gift Certficates